Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There Birthday Cake

13 may 2010 Looking Glass Alice 021

One of my beautiful daughters has always adored the Lewis Carroll books. This is the cake I made for her birthday last week. I didn’t realise the camera had a big smudge on the lens though and it was a bit of a rush, so these are the best photos I managed. The red blob in the above photo in centre back is supposed to be the Red King sleeping, just as he does right through the story. Below, the Red Queen,

 13 may 2010 Looking Glass Alice 014 13 may 2010 Looking Glass Alice 018

and Humpty Dumpty.

13 may 2010 Looking Glass Alice 016

Did you know the Mad Hatter appears in both Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass? It was fun making all the figures. I felt like a little kid playing with play doh!

2 comments:

icwhatsgoingonhere said...

Oh, my, goodness! This cake is AMAZING! I'm a big fan of the book, great work! I'm sure she must have loved it!

Linda Vandermeer McCubbin said...

Lovely work on this cake. I adore Alice in Wonderland.

Related Posts with Thumbnails