Monday, February 2, 2009

Shoe cake “Reebok freestyle Collette Married to the Mob”

DSC00616

My daughter’s lovely friend just turned 19 so I made her this cake and we gave it to her yesterday.  She has a pair of these limited edition shoes. So this is my first attempt at shoe cake realism!

The cake is layers of chocolate and white mudcake, filled with raspberry syrup and milk chocolate ganache, then covered with milk chocolate ganache, and finally homemade fondant. ‘Michele Foster’s delicious fondant’ recipe can be found on   http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-0-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html.  (It tastes eons better than bought fondant).  Everything is edible except for the chain. I had fun making it and great pleasure in surprising her.

5 comments:

Lavender said...

OMG. This cake is so many kinds of awesome. I can't wait till my birthday.

K.Line said...

This cake is terrific!

Kara said...

That is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

AWEEESSOOOOOOOOME, seriously i would put it on if i wouldnt know its a cake

Solai

Alima Bell said...

Wow...this shoe cake is fantastic. I'm sure it'll be a big hit with the kids. i am very happy to visit your site. thank you for posting and sharing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails